Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Island Inspired Guava Chicken

I wanted to make chicken drumsticks for the kids today.  I was going to do my normal drumsticks, with soy sauce, garlic, and an orange color jam (apricot, passion fruit, or marmalade).

However, being on the island of paradise and having access to some really fresh fruits, I decided to throw some guava and lime into this dish.

Island Inspired Guava Chicken

8 Chicken Drumsticks
1/2 Guava
1 lime
3 gloves of garlic
Soy Sauce
Brown Sugar
Oil



1) Deskin the chicken drumsticks and chopped the garlic
2) Chop guava into cubes
Guava

3) I put in 1/3 of lime, but you might want to skip this and use lime juice only.  The peel of the lime gave the dish a very slight bitter taste
4) Put some oil into a non-stick pan, when oil is heated, put in the chopped garlic
5) Then put in the chicken drumsticks and soy sauce.  I did not measure the soy sauce I put in.   I did two swirls from the bottle.
6) Let the chicken cook. Cover the chicken.
7) In around 10 minutes when the chicken is like half cooked, put in the guava cubes.

Add in Guava when the chicken is half cooked

8)  I also put in my 1/3 lime with peel with the guava cubes.  Again, the lime peel gave the dish a slight bitter taste. So, this step is optional.
9) Put in around 1/3 teaspoon of brown sugar.   I did not measure this when I put it in.  You can add more sugar if you like it more sweet.
10) Cover the chicken and let if finish cooking.

Done, ready to be served



11) Squeeze in lime juice to finish up the dish.
Island Inspired Guava Chicken Drumsticks





No comments:

Post a Comment